Thursday, June 9, 2011

Sorority T-Shirt Quilt

Hello, sisters. Those of us who have been fortunate to belong to a sorority, have a desire to remember and save the memories we shared. I have found a way to celebrate our treasured memories in a quilt that can be displayed and used instead of hiding them away in the attic or basement.

As time has passed, I found that my treasured t-shirts had been put into boxes or simply discarded. As I have worked with fabrics sewing and quilting, I have meet many who wanted to know if a quilt could be made out of their t-shirts. With this request, I started designing quilts out of these beloved t-shirts. My first quilt was for my daughter. As soon as individuals saw what could be done, I was ask to do the same for them.

Here are some pictures to let you know what can be done with t-shirts.

Sorority block arrangement

Sorority block arrangement

Sorority block arrangement

Quilting design on sorority quilt

Quilting & personal label

ADPi back 4

No comments:

Post a Comment